Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Celebrating Sarah


All of Sarah's loved ones came together this Sunday for her baby shower. She looks fantastic and is going to be a natural mother. I'm very excited to share this journey with my sister and think it will be such a blessing for Bennett to have a cousin so close in age. She's due May 19th but I'm hoping for an early delivery...sometime in April so that Grandpa has to share his "birthday month".

Other events this week - the sun came out!! The kids (Lola included) and I spent lots of time playing and napping outside these last few days - with lots of sun protection for the babe of course. We have his two month appointment on Friday so I'll update with the latest stats soon. Notice the arm rolls in the picture above; bathtime is a lot more involved now with all the creases he's sporting. But as Aunt Jenny would say - Chubby babies are way cuter!

I got some new kicks (thanks mom and dad!) and am ready to get my butt back into shape - oh the process is painful. I can't wait to get these things dirty...there is nothing better than a broken in pair of runners. Bennett is strapped in for one of our runs - he's holding on tight, maybe because I'm so fast?

Bennett has this new pouty face that I haven't quite caught on film yet - he sticks his bottom lip out so far it will melt your heart. I swear he does it for show when he really wants you to know he's upset...and he does it for Dad way more that anyone else. I love that his personality is developing - and that he already knows how to work his Dad.



1 comment:

Rosanne and Brian Carter said...

Just catching up on your blog and loving all the pics and updates...he's ADORABLE and you're a beautiful family! Can't wait for those runners to get dirty...hopefully I'll get to run with you in September (bring on the Dublin half)!! ;) Love and miss ya! -Rosanne